End User Compute Services – Insourcing Programme
Our client, an award-winning Health and Life insurer, were bringing their End User Compute services back in-house. The programme of change would bring a variety of services – Active Directory, SCCM, Exchange, Proxy, WiFi, Mobile Device Management and Anti Virus – back into their own control following a period of outsourcing.
The Programme Manager required additional support to focus on the technical delivery and to meet the very tight contractual deadlines.
Flexible PM Approach
- We assessed the scope of work to be completed, establishing a current and to be state and determined a delivery plan
- A working relationship was established with the incumbent supplier to agree process and project deliverables to ensure a smooth transition back in house
- Developing a Programme structure to include Service Definitions, Plan, Risk Assessment, Action Tracking and a weekly Reporting cycle to the management team
- Re-evaluating the delivery timelines, setting realistic deadlines and keeping everyone on track
- Scheduled and executed Implementation Planning for all services to be successfully transitioned back to the inhouse EUC team
- Delivery objective met, achieving required business outcomes
- A clearly outlined programme of work, scheduled activity tracked and managed
- Working on a part time basis throughout the programme duration adjusted to meet the client’s needs as and when required